The voting period for the 2023 CSM election has begun and will continue till Sept 11. Thanks to our Single Transferrable Vote system, even if your top choice doesn’t have enough support it that vote trickles down to your next choice until it helps someone get over the line. So vote your heart! And with that in mind, here are our recommendations for your top spots:
- Stich Kaneland: Stitch is a very unique player in that he only plays on one character. No multiboxing, no alts. He is an experienced, well rounded small gang player and FC with the ability to engage with players and ideas from other backgrounds and interests in a thoughtful, intelligent way. He’s aced our CSM panels in previous years and very nearly got elected last year. This is the guy.
- The Oz: One of EVE’s most prominent economists, Oz is a financier with an impressive background in and out of game. He’s got an incredibly deep understanding of the EVE economy and how all of it interacts. There’s no one I’d trust more to analyze a proposed change to the game and how it will effect prices, supply, and player spending.
- Pandoralica: The only incumbent in our top 5, Pando is everything you could want from a big-bloc-FC perspective candidate. He knows what drives fights, escalations, and wars at the highest levels of the game while being a reliable friend to streamers and small gang players alike.
- Cael Caderu: An FC for Deepwater Hooligans, Cael has a lot of experience in small to medium sized fleets particularly in lowsec, FW, and acting as a third party to other conflicts. This is his first time running and a relatively unknown from a CSM perspective, but Cael was arguably the most impressive candidate at this year’s DoW CSM panels and he would fit right in on the Council.
- Amelia Duskspace: A prolific PVPer, small gang FC, content creator, and AT pilot. Amelia knows the small gang side of the game and can articulately convey that vision to a broad audience, getting technical where needed. He represents one of the more effective medium-sized content creating groups
In roughly suggested order, we strongly advise including these excellent candidates on your ballot as well: