Our Solitude contract went better than expected
-Alek is joined by alliance leadership types Martin Lockheart of Hardly Competent, blogger Xuixien of Solar Wind Security Solutions, and Henrick Suzaku of the Caldari Militia’s SPD
-Contract Update: Solitude turns on a dime after a pair of pitched battles breaks defender morale, leading to the near-collapse of Greater Solitude Commonwealth, a political realignment of the region, and an early job well done for Noir.
-A follow up to our carrier buff poll
-CCP ignites a community firestorm by offering magic Retrievers for cash; we cover the controversy, CCP’s response, and the continuing player backlash
–Talking in Stations celebrates 6 years and founder/host Matterall retires from the show. Unfortunately Craigbot eats most of our discussion about it 🙁
- CCP selling ships/items directly for $ is never good 61%, 23 votes23 votes 61%23 votes - 61% of all votes
- CCP selling player made ships/items directly for $ could be OK 16%, 6 votes6 votes 16%6 votes - 16% of all votes
- CCP selling player made ships/items directly once-per-account for $ could be OK 16%, 6 votes6 votes 16%6 votes - 16% of all votes
- CCP selling spawned ships/items directly once-per-account for $ could be OK 8%, 3 votes3 votes 8%3 votes - 8% of all votes
- CCP selling spawned ships/items directly for $ is fine, what's the big deal? 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
A lot of us in GSC were miners. We relied on our NEST branch for combat. Didn’t even know all of this was going on and I felt bad for the new guy who had all this mess dropped on him.
The guy is a saint for taking it all on. Really bad position and it would have been a lot easier to let the alliance disband than to be the guy to try and hold it all together